Amos M. Whitney, Partner
Amos Whitney received his Bachelor's Degree in Journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park in 2005 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland, School of Law in May 2009.
After graduating from law school, Amos served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Diane O. Leasure, former Administrative Judge for the Circuit Court for Howard County from August 2009 - September 2010. He was admitted to the Maryland bar in December 2009, Amos then joined Weinberg & Schwartz, L.L.C., as an associate in September 2010. In 2018, Mr. Whitney was made a Partner.
Amos’ practice covers all areas of Family Law: Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Protecting and Dividing Marital Assets, Alimony, Separation Agreements and Domestic Violence Hearings. Amos often works on high-conflict divorce cases and cases involving complex financial matters. However, there is no case that is too small for Amos. He is regularly appointed by the Courts to represent children n igh-conflict custody and divorce cases. Amos successfully briefed and argued a case before the Court of Special Appeals resulting in a reported opinion setting forth new Maryland law regarding Best Interest Attorneys.
Amos is a former President of the Honorable James MacGill American Inns of Court, and actively participates in the Family Law Section of the Howard County Bar Association.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- James MacGill Inns Of Court, President (former)
- Monthly participant in the Family Law Assistance Program sponsored by the Circuit Court for Howard County.
- Volunteered with Weinberg & Schwartz, L.L.C. at My Sister’s Place in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Annually volunteers with Weinberg & Schwartz, L.L.C. at Our Daily Bread Employment Center in Baltimore, Maryland.